Club Urunga is proud to provide bowling, social and other activities for members and visitors alike.
Our club was built in 1952, and the first trial bowls game was held by the men’s club in 1953. By 1954, our ladies’ club was open. Ever since, our club has grown more popular with every passing year. We purchased land for a second bowling green in 1969 and have recently renovated and refurbished our facilities.
Today, Club Urunga is about much more than bowls. Our East Garden Restaurant serves a delicious mix of Australian and Chinese cuisine to visitors and members alike. With two bars, a children’s playground, barbeque facilities, and plenty of entertainment options, there is something going on almost every day.
In addition to our activities, Club Urunga supports the following charities and community groups:
Urunga Surf Club
Local Fire Brigade
Prostate Cancer Foundation
Urunga Primary School
The Asthma Foundation
And Many More
We have 2 carparks available for members and guests. They are situated on either side of the club on Orara and Newry Streets. Parking is free of charge to all club patrons.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- Vice Chairman
John Davis- Director
There is always something new and exciting going on at Club Urunga. Be sure to check this page frequently for our upcoming events and special promotions.